I am a lesbian. I have always been a lesbian, even when I was in denial. I will always be a lesbian. But I have a husband. This seems to confuse people and I am tired of explaining it. For the benefit of all, I will explain it here as best I can and I will do my best to use little words so everyone can understand.
My sexual orientation is owned by me. It is a part of me and how I see myself. My orientation is not based on what you think about me or what you think you see. Even my husband doesn't get to assign me a label or tell me I am straight.
Have you ever watched Dr. Who? You know how the Tardis is bigger on the inside?
Don't look at me and decide I am a straight women in a heterosexual relationship with a man. I am so much bigger on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment