Thursday, May 17, 2012

Show me the money.

I dress like I don't care about myself or the world around me. The truth is I really don't care about what you think of me. There is a saying that it is none of my business what you think of me. I don't always remember that but when I get dressed in the morning and put on one of the three pairs of shoes I know and my clothes that is old and beginning to become weathered - i really don't care what you think.

My clothes don't necessarily mean what you think. I don't wear the latest fashions, have the most stylish pair of shoes, but that is not because I can't afford it. If I walk into a restaurant and you judge me by my clothes. You will be wrong. My husband and I are generous tippers. 20% is usually the low end unless service is really bad. I just choose to spend money on things other than clothes and shoes. But if you assume I am a crappy tipper, you will get much less than we would normally give and sadly, you will probably have no idea.

You label me incorrectly - your problem, not mine - but keep in mind your assumptions and judgments may impact more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment